[squeak-dev] MC accessing 'source/squeak.org' fails with 301/301 type error

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Sep 18 15:31:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 03:59:55PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 2013-09-18, at 01:25, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>
> > ? but source.squeak.org/trunk is fine.
> >
> > Wild guess that some redirect doohickey isn't hickeying its doo quite right?
>

> Tobias just added some redirect handling but perhaps not in all places.
>
> However, what exactly do you expect from MC accessing source.squeak.org, which is not a repository?

Only very slightly off topic I hope:

I am bringing squeaksource.com up on box3.squeak.org, running on port 8888.
I am a newbie on Apache and I am trying to figure out how to set it up.

The original config file from squeaksource.com (the real one that is running
at SCG) has these rules:

        RewriteEngine On

        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/@.* [NC]
        RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} (bot|seeker|search) [NC]
        RewriteRule . - [F,L]

        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/squeaksource/.*$ [NC]
        RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:8888/$1 [P,L]

So now I want to test it on box3 by arranging for http://box3.squeak.org
to map requests to the service running on port 8888. This would be just
for testing so I can make sure it works before trying to mess around with
the real URLs.

I tried doing this (just as a wild guess) and it did not seem to work:

        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/box3/.*$ [NC]
        RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:8888/$1 [P,L]

Can anyone tell me how to write a rule that would cause http://box3.squeak.org
to be mapped to the squeaksource service running on port 8888?

Thanks,
Dave