[squeak-dev] Syntax errors (was: Removing OneCharacterSymbols)

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 20:55:46 UTC 2013

After my late changes, it is now possible to interact with a SyntaxError
and manually correct source code in the MC loading/merging process.
Maybe the package won't be marked dirty as it should be, but it already is
something...
I wanted to favour correction of code over workaround for keeping a statu
quo.
So I did not propose yet any change of Preferences/settings.
If many methods are incorrect, the manual change will be too teddious, and
won't be of much help.
IMO, the preferences change can come later by analyzing the kind of error
and proposing some alternative actions thru the pop up menu, or other means
(a line of buttons...).
Better could be an automatic correction (if it ALWAYS works, or at least
knows when it works, there is nothing worse than automatic actions that
sometimes work, sometimes don't...)