[squeak-dev] MC accessing 'source/squeak.org' fails with 301/301 type error

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Sep 20 00:40:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 07:41:41PM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:
> Hi
> Am 18.09.2013 um 20:01 schrieb David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>:
>

> > Yes, this is how the image is configured. It is a copy of the actual squeaksource.com
> > image, with only a few changes that I made to correct problems with repository
>
> Ok, then I know this image.
>
> > I installed it in /home/ssdotcom/SqueakSource/ and the file and directory structure
> > below this is an exact copy of the files at squeaksource.com.
>
> Ok.

> >> First, arrange that squeaksource is the default seaside app in the image
> >> so that it responds to requests on /.
> >
> > I believe that this is the current configuration (although I am away and cannot
> > check anything in the image right now). The image is currently running on
> > box3.squeak.org:8888 and squeaksource is the default application.
>
> good.
>

> >> Then, just use the first (with On) and the last Rewrite-statement.
> >>

> > I am attaching a copy of the /etc/apache2/sites-available/squeaksource.com file.
> > This is a copy of the one that SCG provided to us, and I am trying to edit it
> > so that it will work on box3.squeak.org. Can you please take a look at this file
> > and tell me if it looks right to you?
>
> It looks exactly as the scg one with your obvious changes :)
>

> > In the future, the public URL will be squeaksource.com, but of course for now
> > that URL is in use for the real squeaksource.com. I want to set up the Apache
> > configuration so that it will work when we switch the real URL, but in advance
> > of that I want to test it to make sure it is actually going to work.
>
> Well, the ServerName and ServerAlias really have to match the public DNS name
> when we use <VirtualHost *:80>. Apache then checks the host header and matches
> against that ServerName/Alias. What are the logs?  (squeaksource-error.log)

Ah, I think I see now. Thanks.

I'm not sure what those logs are, but it looks like they will be just
the normal apache logging (whatever that might happen to be) renamed so
you can see that they came from the squeaksource.com virtual host.

> shouldn't we move this to box-admins?

Yes (I cc'ed box-admins this time). I've been trying to work this out on the
box-admins list but I suspect there may be a few more Apache gurus here on
squeak-dev, so I decided to hijack this thread and see if I could get some
tips. It worked :-)

> Best
> 	-Tobias

Thanks a lot for your help.