[squeak-dev] #isBreakableAt:in:

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Sep 24 22:56:30 UTC 2013

On 24-09-2013, at 3:37 PM, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) because there is a special scanning method for Japanese

So that removes the main(?) need for scanMultiCharactersCombining… ?

> 2) because unicode diacritics and other combining chars should be rendered specially

And we certainly don't seem to do that right at the moment. Does FreeType deal with that? Would we be better off removing the scanMultiCharactersCombining… methods for now and replacing them later with a new approach (to be written by Yoshiki, of course ;-) ) ? We might be able to remove the CombinedChar related code too in that case.

tim
I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.