[squeak-dev] #isBreakableAt:in:

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Sep 26 20:22:05 UTC 2013

On 26-09-2013, at 10:19 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> On 26-09-2013, at 7:14 AM, Bob Arning <arning315 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Well, something is a little wrong
>
> I rather thought so. I'll use your StringHolder to work out something. Actually I reckon a quick hack to add #space and simply use #registerBreakableIndex should be good start.

Well, that wasn't much fun.

The current implementations of registerBreakableIndex and crossedX are nastily intertwined with assumptions about how they are used in such a way that I suspect laws of nature are being broken. Certainly I'm not going to spend any more time today trying to work out WTF is going on.

So I've returned the use of isBreakableAt:in:in: & registerBreakableIndex to their previous status and it no longer makes nasty with widestrings and wrapping.

It raises more questions (still lots from previous message unanswered folks!)-
EncodeCharSets - there are several commented out in EncodeCharSet class>initialise Why?
Why is Unicode also commented as 'Latin1Environment'?
What is Latin2Environment?
Why is there a separate Latin1 class?
Why are there mixed up encodedcharset classes and language environment classes?

tim
Oxymorons: Clearly misunderstood