[squeak-dev] Re: Float oddities

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Sep 28 15:04:43 UTC 2013

I am not too familiar with Mac, so this is a case of the blind leading the blind.
But for purposes of trying your test, as long as you have decompressed the file,
you would then find the VM executable along with loadable plugins in a folder
called Squeak-4.10.2.2614-darwin10.8.0_i386/lib/squeak/4.10.2-2614/. The actual
executable file in that folder is called "squeakvm".

If you were to copy your image, changes file, and a sources file into that
same directory, you should be able to run the VM directly in that folder. I
don't know if you can just drag the image onto the squeakvm executable in
a finder window (probably yes, but I'm not sure). Otherwise, you can open
a Terminal window, use the "cd" command to change into the directory that
contains your VM and image, and run it with a command like this:

$ ./squeakvm myimage.image

Dave