[squeak-dev] Shout appears to remove underline and strikethrough emphasis

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Sep 29 03:45:18 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 07:25:02PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> On 28-09-2013, at 2:51 PM, Jeff Gonis <jeff.gonis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > You can also set it as a default for all future workspaces under the preference labelled "Shout styling in workspace"
> >
> > Something to ponder might be setting this to true by default, but maybe my love of syntax highlighting has warped me?
>
> It must have. If anyone sets that on by default I will abuse my rank and order a drone strike.

And I will agree to pretend that it was morally justified. Which in this case might actually be so ;-)

I use workspaces for all sorts of things unrelated to "coding". But perhaps some creative
person could come up with a convenient way to apply syntax highlighting to specific portions
of a workspace? It might be nice if I could have a workspace that contains my grocery shopping
list and does syntax highlighting on only the portions of the shopping list that I actually
intended to be interpreted as Smalltalk expressions. But I would be very annoyed if some of
my workspaces started giving syntax errors related to toothpaste, toilet paper, and six-packs
of beer.

Or perhaps a smart workspace could distinguish the difference between sections of text
that were probably intended as Smalltalk, versus text that was more likely intended as
a shopping list?

Dave