[squeak-dev] Daily Commit Log

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sun Sep 29 23:55:04 UTC 2013

Changes to Trunk (http://source.squeak.org/trunk.html) in the last 24 hours:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006452.html

Name: Multilingual-nice.181
Ancestors: Multilingual-nice.180

Find a better replacement for firstDestX inst. var. usage (my previous fix broke selection of first char in the line, because a MultiCharacterBlockScanner would never have set firstDestX).
I wonder if this handling is really necessary though...
Remove unused presentationText:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006453.html

Name: Graphics-nice.235
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.234

Correct this glitch: when a text was centered or right flush, clicking at the very left of text morph would incorrectly position the text cursor.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006454.html

Name: Graphics-nice.236
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.235

Don't setStopConditions twice in CharacterBlockScanner and DisplayScanner in MVC compatibility methods.
SharedPools are inherited in Squeak, so don't declare TextConstants in CompositionScanner.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006455.html

Name: Multilingual-nice.182
Ancestors: Multilingual-nice.181

Reduce some differences with the CharacterScanner hierarchies:
This will fix a regression - centered Paragraph is not displayed corectly in MVC because inst. var. alignment was used before set in the scanner.
This was solved in 2003 in http://ftp.squeak.org/updates/6188CenteredTextFix-BG.cs
But the fix was applied on CharacterScanner branch only, while MultiCharacterScanner was already forked.
Then the MultiCharacterScanner displayLines:in:clippedBy: was connected in 2005 (from the timeStamp of the method, maybe not the inclusion in official images, you'll have to dig the updateStream).
Funnily, the selection did still use a CharacterBlockScanner, so was correctly centered (outside displayed text)

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006456.html

Name: Multilingual-nice.183
Ancestors: Multilingual-nice.182

Fix theFirstCharCrossedX is a bit more straight replacement of crooked itsNotTheFirstCharThatCrossedX..
And it should be taken into account in (multi) display scanner, otherwise, the display scanner does not honour the composition...
Apply the fix of Graphics branch to avoid displaying the cursor at window left in centerd alignment.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006457.html

Name: Graphics-nice.237
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.236

Copy the multi-lingual methods from MultiCharacterScanner hierarchy that were missing in CharacterScanner hierarchy.
Note that this does not include the precomposed unicode Combining which deserves a rewrite.
Also note that non-space breakable chars are handled a bit differently in CompositionScanner in order to make the minimal change that could work.
Start using the CharacterScanner hierarchy instead of the Multi one.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006458.html

Name: Morphic-nice.693
Ancestors: Morphic-tpr.692

Start using the CharacterScanner hierarchy instead of the Multi one.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006459.html

Name: ST80-nice.151
Ancestors: ST80-nice.150

Start using the CharacterScanner hierarchy instead of the Multi one.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006460.html

Name: Multilingual-nice.184
Ancestors: Multilingual-nice.183

Remove now unused MultiCharacterScanner hierarchy
Reminder: we will have to rewrite scanMultiCharactersCombiningFrom:to:in:rightX:stopConditions:kern:

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006461.html

Name: Graphics-nice.238
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.237

Take font baseKern into account when measuring a String (a small diff with defunct Multi*).
Create a specially crafted MeasuringStopConditions and use it when measuringString.
This way, initializeStringMeasurer is no longer required and deprecated.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006462.html

Name: 45Deprecated-nice.10
Ancestors: 45Deprecated-nice.9

Deprecate initializeStringMeasurer which is no longer required.

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006463.html

Name: Graphics-nice.239
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.238

Remove some dust from CharacterBlockScanner surface (just sanitize before we operate deeper)
- don't copy lastSpaceOrTabExtent or lastCharacterExtent Points, we do not mutate them (since 2000) but create anew (see lastSpaceOrTabExtentSetX: and lastCharacterExtentSetX:)
- don't (ab)use == to compare numbers (even integer indices)

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/packages/2013-September/006464.html

Name: Graphics-nice.240
Ancestors: Graphics-nice.239

Remove the inst. var. lastCharacter of CharacterBlockScanner, because it is not a state.