[squeak-dev] Environments question Binding>>objectForDataStream:

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Apr 1 11:49:25 UTC 2014

Currently we have this:

Binding>>objectForDataStream: refStream
	"It's not yet clear how serialization should work in the presence of environments"
	self shouldBeImplemented.

A Binding seems to be a simple object. Does it really need special handling
when serializing?

If no special handling is required, then we could remove this method,
which would permit projects to be saved to disk again
(http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7814).

I think that we have a number of other issues related to saving projects
and loading them back into the image. I don't know the scope of the issues,
but I'm hoping that serializing a Binding may be straightforward.

Dave