[squeak-dev] How do I convince a Workspace to stop "helping" me?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Apr 10 00:18:27 UTC 2014

On 09-04-2014, at 5:11 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> Whenever I type an open-paren $( in a Squeak 4.5 workspace, some mysterious
> agent of code format rectitude steps in and supplies the matching close-paren.
> This is hugely annoying and I can't seem to find any preferences or workspace
> menu settings to make it stop.
>
> Does anyone know how to make this feature go away?

Helpful code can be so unhelpful, right? See if by any chance the syntaxHighlightinasyoutype preference is on - in the ‘browsing’ section of the prefs browser. There’s also shoutstylinginworkspace. Neither of them was on in my 4.5 image but y’never know.

tim
Strange OpCodes: XYZZY: Branch and Play Adventure