[squeak-dev] Change of value method in class CompiledMethod?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sat Apr 12 18:33:12 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 08:45:23AM +0000, Graber, Maria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a comment in "CompiledMethod>>valueWithReceiver:arguments:" that says that this method should be changed to "^ self class receiver: aReceiver withArguments: anArray executeMethod: self" after the release of Squeak 4.3. I use version 4.5, but the implementation is still "^ aReceiver withArgs: anArray executeMethod: self". The (new) class method has no senders at all. May somebody look at it?
>
> Best regards, Maria

That is a good question. I'm not sure of the background on this, but
it looks like some refactorings that have not been completed. The suggested
change would call primitive 188 (primitiveExecuteMethodArgsArray) just as
with the current implementation, so I think it is just a refactoring cleanup.

Hopefully someone will recall the background on this? It looks like something
that we should not leave unfinished.

Dave