[squeak-dev] how to break 4.5...

gettimothy gettimothy at zoho.com
Tue Apr 15 23:30:30 UTC 2014

>>Am I right in thinking this really shouldn't permanently lock things up , even though its an obvious bug in my code?

I don't know. I will leave it to the more experienced guys to answer that.

Modifying the Morhp>>lock code to check prevents the freeze, but then you get into UI questions for which I am completely unqualified to answer.

lock: aBoolean
 "change the receiver's lock property"
 (aBoolean == true) | (aBoolean == false) ifTrue:[
 (extension isNil and: [aBoolean not]) ifTrue: [^ self].
 self assureExtension locked: aBoolean]

For example, the above "fix" does not freeze the system, but it also does not lock the morphs and does not inform the user that there was a problem....that sort of judgement is completely outside my experience.

cordially,

tty