[squeak-dev] VM camera plugin on the Pi

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Apr 24 23:09:52 UTC 2014

On 24-04-2014, at 4:01 PM, Herbert König <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
> I get no class definitions in the code file browser but maybe that's normal.

You should - did you notice the instance/class buttons? The browser I was referring to is actually labelled a File Contents Browser, accessed from the file browser by selecting a .st file and hitting the ‘code’ button. If you’re looking at a .changes file, use the menu to get ‘more…’ (at the bottom) and then in the second menu find ‘code-file browser’ and wait….

> But it shows the date of the methods and from that I assumed the plugin is not for the Pi camera but for USB cameras. I checked in Scratch (The camera can be accessed to to make a new costume) and it doesn't work with the Pi camera.

It should do if you have video 4 linux up to date on the Pi. Works on mine and I didn’t do anything other than the usual rpi-update stuff.

tim
State-of-the-art: What we could do with enough money.