[squeak-dev] How to get a current clean 4.6 trunk image?

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Mon Aug 4 12:21:08 UTC 2014

First I tried the way I normally use:

I downloaded the latest Squeak4.6-13700.zip from ftp://ftp.squeak.org/4.6alpha/ and opened it with Eliot's latest Cog VM (http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r3056/Cog.app-14.29.3056.tgz).

I saw that the Kernel package is dirty. I did "Update Squeak".
First I got a warning "About to serialize an empty package". I proceeded.
Then I got a debugger with "Error: Bits size mismatch". See [1].
I tried with an empty package cache. However, the error stays the same.

Then, I tried Jenkins:

I downloaded http://build.squeak.org/job/SqueakTrunk/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/TrunkImage.zip and opened it.
I saw that the Environments package is dirty. The version name is (nice.47, cmm.51).
I could update that image to 13889. However, the Environments package stays dirty.

I hate to admit it, but I am stuck. ;-) Can some kind person help me? I am sure there is a way to get an up-to-date and clean trunk image!

Cheers,
Bernhard

[1]
--- The full stack ---
ZipWriteStream(Object)>>error:
ZipWriteStream>>flushBlock:
ZipWriteStream>>flushBlock
ZipWriteStream(DeflateStream)>>deflateBlock
ZipWriteStream(DeflateStream)>>next:putAll:startingAt:
ZipWriteStream(DeflateStream)>>nextPutAll:
ZipStringMember(ZipArchiveMember)>>compressDataTo:
ZipStringMember(ZipArchiveMember)>>writeDataTo:
ZipStringMember(ZipArchiveMember)>>writeTo:
[] in ZipArchive>>writeTo:
OrderedCollection>>do:
ZipArchive>>writeTo:
MCMczWriter>>flush
MCMczWriter class>>fileOut:on:
MCVersion>>fileOutOn:
[] in MCCacheRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>basicStoreVersion:
MCCacheRepository(MCDirectoryRepository)>>writeStreamForFileNamed:replace:do:
MCCacheRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>writeStreamForFileNamed:do:
MCCacheRepository(MCFileBasedRepository)>>basicStoreVersion: