[squeak-dev] Re: trunk update broken cuz there's an empty diffy version

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Aug 11 15:49:01 UTC 2014

On 07.08.2014, at 19:52, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
>     source.squeak.org/trunk's Morphic-eem.740(cmm.739).mcd is empty.  How do we fix it?

Not empty, but broken:

bert$ unzip -t Morphic-eem.740\(cmm.739\).mcd
Archive:  Morphic-eem.740(cmm.739).mcd
    testing: package                  OK
    testing: version                  OK
    testing: base                     OK
    testing: old/source.st
  error:  invalid compressed data to inflate
    testing: new/source.st
  error:  invalid compressed data to inflate
    testing: patch.bin                OK

Since the meta data and patch.bin are okay I'd expect this to load anyway ...

I remember seeing messages about broken ZIP files. Was there a fix? Did someone fix the squeaksource image, too? The MCDs are generated on the server.

> On a related note is there any way to get the updater to download full packages, avoiding the diffy versions?  e.g a preference?

No pref, but you can comment out the diffy part in MCConfiguration>>versionNamed:for:from:.

- Bert -