[squeak-dev] Re: trunk update broken cuz there's an empty diffy version

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Aug 11 18:41:27 UTC 2014

On 11.08.2014, at 20:06, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>> > On a related note is there any way to get the updater to download full packages, avoiding the diffy versions?  e.g a preference?
>>
>> No pref, but you can comment out the diffy part in MCConfiguration>>versionNamed:for:from:.
>>
> Ah, OK.  Mahalo!  Any objections if I add a preference?

Well, I generally dislike proliferating preferences. The code is supposed to automatically fall back to full versions if the more efficient diffy version doesn't load. If that fallback doesn't work I'd rather fix that problem rather than avoiding it with a preference. The diffs are much smaller than full MCDs, so for server performance and conserving bandwidth they are preferable.

- Bert -