[squeak-dev] Cursor position finding

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Aug 12 18:38:11 UTC 2014

I’m having some ‘fun’ working out why Scratch on the Pi misses a ot of clicks and double-clicks. I’ve run event  debugging and discovered that all the events seem to get into the vm and then into the image ok, but right now it looks a lot like the legacy io code still in the system is flushing a lot of events when it (mis)uses
Sensor cursorPoint etc.

I *think* I need to change the code to use ‘ActiveHand cursorPoint’ etc. Is that the proper api? I’d go for passing events around more of the time but that looks like a huge change I can’t do any time soon.

There’s also a problem with uses of 'Sensor shiftPressed’ sending a flush, but I don’t see anything like a ‘ActiveHand shiftPressed’ method.

Surely we have a non-destructive way of finding current state on the cursor position, modifier state etc somewhere in there?

tim
Brain fried; core dumped.