[squeak-dev] Re: "Code bubbles" - a prototype IDE

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Sun Aug 31 19:16:58 UTC 2014

Chris Muller-3 wrote
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 8:42 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <

> sean@

> > wrote:
>> Frank Shearar-3 wrote
>>> one can
>>> realise that it usually takes 30 years for ideas to actually start
>>> being applied
>>
>> +100. Very insightful and powerful. This is just the way the new ideas
>> work.
>
> -100.  This is not a new idea, and...
> Alan would never consider Code Bubbles a blue-plane idea...

Let's recap... Frank suggested that instead of being jealous that people are
(perhaps badly) reinventing/implementing ideas that some of us have known
about for decades, that we realize that this is exactly how adoption of blue
plane ideas (e.g the Dynabook) always look - sloppy fits and starts for 100+
years. *Frank's suggestion* (I resisted making that all caps ;)) was the
insightful and powerful idea. It gets us nowhere to yell into a volcano. And
I think we can let Alan speak for himself.

-----
Cheers,
Sean