[squeak-dev] Spur with Immediate Floating Point Support implies a break

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 17:58:00 UTC 2014

Hi All,

    some of you have been brave enough to use Spur and may have got used to
being able to update.  Recently I've updated Spur with support for
immediate floating-point in 64-bit Spur.  Alas these changes are not
amenable to a straight-forward Monticello update.

Now that I've updated Kernel.spur with these changes you'll not be able to
simply update your image.  There /may/ be a chance of being able to update
if you first file-in MorphFloat.st (find attached).  It worked for me.  So
in a recent SPur image, file-in MorphFloat.st and then update.  If things
get stuck on a partial update of Kernel.spur-eem.867(blah).mcd, then load
Kernel.spur-eem.867.mcz manually and then update again. If this doesn't
work apologies.

What you can definitely do is upload the latest Spur image from
www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/SpurImages/2014-12-01 and rebuild.
--
best,
Eliot