PNG importing appears to be broken ( was Re: [squeak-dev] Who understand bilinear interpolation for reducing image size?)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Dec 12 11:04:13 UTC 2014

On 12.12.2014, at 04:47, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> monkey1.png where the background should be transparent but appears as white -https://copy.com/lgAtv9rDlTGaGb9m
> bananas1.png (similar but different in detail) - https://copy.com/Vsj8lgqtyQmwIerA

Both work fine if I simply drop them into a 4.5 image. I can move/rotate/scale no problem. Shadow rendering is not nice, but that's a problem of the shadow renderer, not the bitmap itself.

Which suggests that the PNG importer is not, in fact, broken.

Additional touchup work should be done in Scratch, if it needs these pictures to be in some special format.

- Bert -