[squeak-dev] No vm-display-x11 Plug-in After Building From Source On FreeBSD 10.1

B J quarterwavevertical at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 15:08:09 UTC 2014

<snip>

> When I have had this problem on Linux, the export LD_LIBRARY_PATH has worked
> for me.
>

> (looks for launch scripts...somewhere around here....ah..)
>

> #!/bin/bash
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/tty/usr/bin/coglinux
> /home/tty/usr/bin/coglinux/squeak -vm-sound-ALSA -vm-display-X11 -xshm
> Contents/Resources/images/MostInteresting.image

The error message mentioned something about that as well.  I didn't
find any information on how to handle it.  This might be what I was
looking for.

> The tree of that LD_LIBRARY_PATH looks like this:
>

>  bash-4.2$ tree /home/wm/usr/bin/coglinux
> /home/wm/usr/bin/coglinux
> |-- bin
> | `-- squeak
> |-- doc
> | `-- squeak
> | |-- COPYING.gz
> | |-- COPYRIGHT.gz
> | |-- LICENSE.gz
> | |-- README.Contributing.gz
> | |-- README.Keyboard.gz
> | `-- README.Sound.gz
> |-- lib
> | `-- squeak
> | `-- 4.0-3126
> | |-- B3DAcceleratorPlugin
> | |-- BochsIA32Plugin
> | |-- LocalePlugin
> | |-- SqueakFFIPrims
> | |-- SqueakSSL
> | |-- UUIDPlugin
> | |-- UnicodePlugin
> | |-- UnixOSProcessPlugin
> | |-- XDisplayControlPlugin
> | |-- squeak
> | |-- vm-display-X11
> | |-- vm-display-fbdev
> | |-- vm-display-null
> | |-- vm-sound-ALSA
> | |-- vm-sound-OSS
> | |-- vm-sound-null
> | `-- vm-sound-pulse
> |-- man
> | `-- man1
> | `-- squeak.1
> `-- squeak
>
> hth.

I think it might.  However, I've written and debugged enough code over
the years to know that fixing one bug will likely generate lots more
and if it runs right the first time, I did something wrong.  :-)

<snip>