[squeak-dev] No vm-display-x11 Plug-in After Building From Source On FreeBSD 10.1

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Dec 15 02:01:17 UTC 2014

Had the same - probably - issue a few weeks ago building under Raspbian.

So far as I could work out the problem is to do with the location of GL library and headers. In Raspbian I was loading the mesa-common-dev in order to get the openGL stuff. Without it you can build a working VM but without the B3DAcceleratorPlugin. With it the config ‘passes’ the test for the presence of the GH.h header(s) but the resultant vm-display-X11.so isn’t correctly linked to the libGL and so won’t come up.

You *can* force a preload to get around this. For example
`LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libGL.so.1`
stuck in front of the
exec “$Bin/squeak…..
stuff seemed to solve the problem pro tem.

Take a look at your squeak.stack.v3/build/config.log (or close equivalent) to see if this is the problem. Search for something like
`checking GL/gl.h usability`
and look at the output after that.
If it doesn’t report
`fatal error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory`
then see if any of the compile/link stuff after that is trying to use -lGL as in libGL. My guess is that you have GL.h but the path to libGL is not correct. I don’t know how to fix that. My best answer was to remove the mesa-common-dev package and sidestep it for now.

AutoBlech and it’s kin are crimes against nature.

tim
Never forget: 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.