[squeak-dev] No vm-display-x11 Plug-in After Building From Source On FreeBSD 10.1

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Dec 15 18:00:45 UTC 2014

On 14-12-2014, at 7:35 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> Ian Piumarta ditched his earlier "autoblech" build and replaced it
> with a much better CMake process. I think this was about a half dozen
> years ago (!).

I think it was a little after Cog was split off, which explains the dual insanity we have now. I really hope tty is getting close to producing a working CMake setup we can accept to replace the autoblech for Cog. When I offered the bounty for doing this (a year ago!) I imagined that somebody with some relevant experience would simply copy across the plain interp related CMake files and extend them, maybe add a few more bits for the extra files Cog brings in, sprinkle some fairy dust and *foom*! done.

But in the end I don’t care how it’s done, just that it *is* done.

tim
this blank intentionally left spaced