Re: [squeak-dev] No vm-display-x11 Plug-in After Building From Source    On FreeBSD 10.1

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Wed Dec 17 21:41:07 UTC 2014

Hi Tim,

nowadays I want to build on Linux (Raspberry Pi). So my question was
where I could get your HelpBrowser pages as far as they are done. I only
found CMakeVMMaker on Squeaksource but it was too dated to contain your
HelpBrowser additions. I see this as part of learning some Linux.

Maybe you could send me that bash script you mention below. I would
study that, run it and then try to follow your
CMakeVMMakerSqueakStartHereHelp.
And if that's not available for RasPi I would use my Ubuntu server in
Text mode where I run Squeak headless through RFB.

I'm less interested in Windows at the moment. Especially I don't have
(and don't want to get) Visual Studio. It's just that back then I did it
on Windows using the process that is outlined at squeakvm.org. I was
just trying to qualify as newbieish enough to give useful feedback by
stumbling into everything you implicitely assume a newbie knows but
doesn't know.

Cheers,

Herbert