[squeak-dev] Re: Thinking about Environments

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Fri Dec 19 22:06:38 UTC 2014

Hi,
Am 19.12.2014 um 22:18 schrieb Chris Muller:
snip..
> The audience I want to include into the Squeak community are not just
> developers but "users" too.
...snip
considering myself a Squeak user I theoretically see the benefits of
environments, but assume I'll rarely need them. So yes, leave them in.
Besides being helpful when using foreign libraries I too use some names
only to avoid conflict with existing classes.

Practically only this week on the newbies list two people have been
bitten by the fact that environments broke project save and this hasn't
been fixed.
I remember other people stumbling over this before and I keep using 4.4
for development and only use 4.5 for deployment because I use projects
for documentation.

Craigs approach seems plausible too but it's not yet main Squeak.

Cheers,

Herbert