[squeak-dev] re: weird image state

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 22:29:55 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 9:20 AM, Craig Latta <craig at netjam.org> wrote:

> Hi Eliot--
>
> > my image has got into that weird state where clicking on a window
> > not at the front causes slow redraws of the restacked windows, I
> > suspect because the execution simulator (a.k.a. the debugger) is
> > running the drawing code.  If anyone recognises this state do they
> > also know how to get out of it?
>
>      I can get out of it by starting a new UI process, by halting with
> meta-period.

Yes, that works form me.  But not always, or perhaps it got back into the
same state again.  At least now the system is working well again.

>      FYI, I can get into it by forcing a "syntax error" window (e.g., by
> adding an instance variable to a class which already uses the instance
> variable name as a temporary variable), editing the offending method to
> get rid of the error, and continuing.

Ah, that's v good to know.  Of course, now its working I'm not motivated to
fix this.  But some time I'll try and take a look.  At least I'll flag this
thread to come back to.

--
best,
Eliot