[squeak-dev] two bugs with fonts 4.5-13671

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Feb 6 18:50:25 UTC 2014

On 06-02-2014, at 9:32 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> I'd rather turn the dumbbell shape off. It looks plain weird to me - I only know this shape as a mouse cursor, not as shape for the insertion point (does any system have that?)

I’m not a fan of it but I do have vague recollections of it being used somewhere. Oh, wait, I think one or two RISC OS text/doc editors used something like that, a fairly chunky capital ‘I’ shape with large serifs. One *could* argue that it is more visible than a plain line, I suppose.

I’m not a fan of the implementation either; just look at NewParagraph>displaySelectionLine:on: - if ‘caretWidth’ is > 1 then you get triangles at top and bottom! No option to have a 2-pixel wide bar for you! Too late to do anything about that for now though; I’d second the request to turn off that setting if we have another RC. If not, well it’s just *another* setting I have to alter and install for every new image. I won’t mention the insane swapping of mouse buttons middle/right because that would *Be Insane GRRRRRRRRR*.

tim
Useful Latin Phrases:- Die dulci fruere = Have a nice day