[squeak-dev] Build Slave

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at ccs.neu.edu
Sat Feb 8 02:19:22 UTC 2014

On 02/07/2014 02:07 AM, Frank Shearar wrote:
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space [...] The
> thing to do is to tell the JVM to allocate more space to the PermGen.
> How exactly to do that I have forgotten, and the answer is on my Mac
> at home!

I am currently booting the slaves with the following, which seems to
have cut back on the number of PermGen errors we see. Note the
SLAVENAME, YOURUSERNAME and YOURPASSWORD variables in there.

java -Xms256m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -jar
slave.jar -jnlpUrl
http://build.squeak.org/computer/${SLAVENAME}/slave-agent.jnlp
-jnlpCredentials ${YOURUSERNAME}:${YOURPASSWORD}

(I can't remember how I got the YOURPASSWORD string set up.)

Cheers,
  Tony