[squeak-dev] Re: [Esug-list] [Pharo-dev] [gsoc-mentors] The truth on GSOC, ESUG and bad attitude

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 09:40:12 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:
> This matter is actually very important for Smalltalk community, because
> it exposes nontransparent, meddling behind the scenes, and in some cases
> blatantly unethical behavior of some ESUG board members.

I thank you for your efforts running the GSoC marathon every year.

Nevertheless, as a member of the board I feel insulted again by you
Janko. I'm tired spending hours doing work for everyone and get such a
message as an answer

ESUG might have done a mistake giving 5000€ to the students and not
the amount that people voted for. I should have paid more attention to
that and I apologize. That's all I will apologize for.

Now, I want to have details about your message. What do you mean by
"blatantly unethical behavior"? At which point have we been unethical?

Last time we talked about the representation of the Smalltalk
community in the ESUG board, I asked people from other communities to
apply and come work with us
(http://lists.esug.org/pipermail/esug-list_lists.esug.org/2012-July/001849.html).
Nobody applied! I will ask again, thanks for the remainder. Who is
going to take care of ESUG if we focus on taking care of Pharo?

Please stop insulting people. If you want to stop organizing the GSoC
for the Smalltalk community just say it clearly and we will all thank
you for the effort you have put in during this last years. But if you
want to continue, please do it with ESUG as this is what the ESUG
community seems to want if I analyse the answers you got to the recent
threads.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st