[squeak-dev] Andreas projects on SS

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Feb 13 15:47:32 UTC 2014

On 02/13/2014 04:12 PM, Frank Shearar wrote:
> On 13 February 2014 14:40, Göran Krampe <goran at krampe.se> wrote:
>> Hi guys!
>>
>> Ok, so while messing with SqueakSSL I note that Andreas has a bunch of
>> projects on SS, of which only he is admin AFAICT. SqueakSSL and WebClient
>> may be of strongest interest I guess.
>>
>> There is a WebClient on SS3 too (haven't checked if it has additions), but
>> AFAIK neither of these two are on Smalltalkhub.
>>
>> So... I was wondering if we should:
>>
>> - Just gain access to the repos on SS (but SS...)
>> - Just copy over into a new repo on StHub or SS3
>> - Delete old repo or just let it be and potentially confusing people?
>>

>> What do you think?
>
> Check the vm-devs archives, or just talk to Ron Teitelbaum. I can't
> remember what the solution was, but there is a post-Andreas solution
> to managing the codebase.

Well, I work with Ron so I talked to him first :) - but it seems that
thread didn't come to any conclusion on this actually.

Ron is fine with "moving" - I just want the move to be clear to
everyone, otherwise its a mess and people will run "old stuff" and don't
see that there are maintained versions and so on.

And either way (deleting, changing description, uploading a blocking
mcz) to mark the project as old needs access.

regards, Göran