[squeak-dev] Andreas projects on SS

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 16:25:32 UTC 2014

>> Ok, so while messing with SqueakSSL I note that Andreas has a bunch of
>> projects on SS, of which only he is admin AFAICT. SqueakSSL and WebClient
>> may be of strongest interest I guess.
>>
>> There is a WebClient on SS3 too (haven't checked if it has additions), but
>> AFAIK neither of these two are on Smalltalkhub.
>>
>> So... I was wondering if we should:
>>
>> - Just gain access to the repos on SS (but SS...)
>> - Just copy over into a new repo on StHub or SS3
>> - Delete old repo or just let it be and potentially confusing people?
>>

>> What do you think?
>>
>> ...and btw, adding notes on Projects on SS that they are dead and pointing
>> to StHub was a good idea BUT... my notes are gone. Probably due to SS
>> restarted and losing data. Hmmm, I think I will delete my old projects
>> simply.

Please do not delete old projects from SqueakSource.  Just because YOU
don't access "old code" because you use Pharo doesn't mean others
don't access it using Squeak.  Pleaes feel free to *copy* projects
there, but "moving" projects presumes and intrudes way too much.

In fact, I think we should remove the ability to delete projects from SS.

As original creator of Squeak's software catalog, you know better than
anyone that a software Catalog is the proper way to document what
versions work for what platform and where they can be installed from.

> Not all projects are dead on squeaksource.com. If you don't plan to update
> your projects there, then add a pointer to the new repository. Deleting the
> projects will not help at all.

+1.