[squeak-dev] Andreas projects on SS

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 16:33:48 UTC 2014

Dave and Ron,

I'm sorry, I just think it's *wrong* to remove or move packages away
from where Andreas left them.

The most proper way to address this is to create a new project (on
SS3) and update the SqueakMap catalog entry to point to that one.

The second most-proper way is to add Ron as a *developer*, NOT an
admin.  Or, even open it up for public contributions so that new
versions can be ADDED, but not deleted, move, or otherwise molest the
original project structure and code in any way.  It's an ARCHIVE.

We're dealing with MIT-licensed code, which means anyone, anytime, can
start up a new copy of a project somewhere else and fork it or
whatever.  We cannot rely on "one true place to find all code".  We
rely on catalog.

Thanks.