[squeak-dev] Andreas projects on SS

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Feb 13 20:18:51 UTC 2014

Hey!

On 02/13/2014 06:38 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 13.02.2014, at 18:34, Göran Krampe <goran at krampe.se> wrote:
>> On 02/13/2014 06:27 PM, Tobias Pape wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Just as a Side note: WebClient already moved (with Ron’s consent)
>>> to ss3.
>>>
>>> ss3.gemtalksystems.com/ss/WebClient.html
>>
>> Which proves my point perfectly. The repo on SS does not mention
>> that at all!
>>
>> regards, Göran
>
> All the more reason to give someone admin access to these projects so
> they can add a proper note.

Which of course was one of the options I was asking about originally! :)

> Sorry about losing your edits, they must have gotten lost when
> squeaksource moved from Berne to our server. Can you add them again?
> They should be safe now.

Yes I can do that again - and with the idea from Ben to put a snapshot
up that says "MovedToSmalltalkhub" then people should not be able to
miss that it is not a complete nor active repo. Because *only* a note is
not enough when people access it from Monticello, and... well, ok, I
still feel uncomfortable leaving stale repositories around - but I can
live with that.

(and I wonder how they "got lost")

Ok, so Ron will get admin access to Andreas' projects - great, then we
can make sure that we can update them with fixes and make it clear when
one (WebClient) or more of them has actually been moved.

Finally, yes, deleting is "evil" but stale data is even worse IMHO.

Still the idea of forbidding people to remove their own projects, I
really hope that was not something you seriously consider?

regards, Göran