[squeak-dev] Andreas projects on SS

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Feb 14 01:19:45 UTC 2014

Hi G?ran,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 11:53:33PM +0100, G?ran Krampe wrote:

> You telling me that you may decide to forbid me from administrating my
> own projects thus taking them from me - makes me want to just go there
> RIGHT NOW and delete all my projects and beating you to it.

Your projects belong to you, and nobody but you can decide how to manage
them. Period.

<OT>
For my part, I volunteered to move squeaksource.com with the understanding
that I was moving it to a safer home, not copying it to a read-only snapshot.
If we had wanted a read-only snapshot, I would have done nothing at all,
because the previous custodians of squeakmap.com had already committed to
provide that.

Moving squeaksource.com to its new home took a good deal of time and effort
from me and a number of other folks (including Chris) who pitched in to help.
It was more work than I had anticipated but I think we can all be pleased
with the outcome.
</OT>

> And yeah, I am seriously considering it too.

No need for that, just handle it as you originally intended. Move your
project work to whatever repository you prefer to use, and update the
project description for the previous squeaksource.com repository as you
see fit.

You mentioned earlier that some of your project updates had been lost.
Very possibly this was during the earlier period when squeaksource.com
was losing data after every image restart. I don't think we have any way
to recover lost data from that time period, but if you are able to re-enter
the information, I am confident that it will not get lost again.

Dave