[squeak-dev] Why is SqueakSrouce closed for new projects?

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Fri Feb 14 04:31:44 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Ok so I'm embarrassed I have to ask this question.  Why is SqueakSource
closed for new projects?

I'm sure there was a lively debate that I missed along the way.  Now that it
has been moved to a more stable location why can't we open it back up again?
If we can't open it back up again why don't we point the address to a new SS
location that does support creating new projects?

I hope I'm not opening up old wounds, but it was really deflating to see the
message that SS was closed for new projects.  Like losing an old friend.

I'm ok with moving forward on new platforms but having a single place for
all my stuff I want to add just make more sense than managing multiple repo
locations.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum