[squeak-dev] Andreas projects on SS

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Fri Feb 14 17:13:42 UTC 2014

Hey!

On 02/14/2014 04:55 PM, Chris Muller wrote:
>> I don't want stuff on the Internet under *my name* that someone else
>> controls - to me its obvious.
>
> Then you should not propose to "control" stuff under other people's
> names, alive or not.

The idea was to try to preserve the legacy from Andreas, by making sure
the code lives on - but it doesn't matter - I simply respect Ron's
decisions on that since he worked closely with Andreas, created a
company with Andreas and was a close friend of Andreas and also knows
Kathleen. IMHO he has the call, agree?

That was all. I would think Andreas had wanted his code to "live on" and
not rot away because noone has access to update it.

> Besides, I was not even speaking about "control", just preservation.

If I want to nuke some code I put in my own account, it should be up to
me. If I want to nuke my whole account it should be my decision. Period.
Bert and David agrees with me so I feel relatively safe.

regards, Göran