SpaceTally>>spaceForInstancesOf: crashes the VM (was: [squeak-dev] Squeak 4.5 Release Candidate 4 (13675))

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 21:42:49 UTC 2014

Instead of producing an error, what do you think about what
CompiledMethod class>>#new?

Seems like if #new does that instead of erroring, maybe basicNew
should not error?

I remember needing to relax ContextPart class>>#basicNew: just a bit
so that the code could be more uniform.  Check it out.

Similar situation in this case -- we have a tool that wants to operate
at that level and makes assumption that basicNew should never fail,
which at least seems worthy to consider..

Your call, thanks!