[squeak-dev] OsProcess - UnixProcess Hangs - VPN related

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Feb 20 02:54:38 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 08:29:20PM -0500, JohnReed Maffeo wrote:
> I am currently working in an environment where I have to access external resources using VPN.
>
> I was working in Squeak (4.4-12327) last night, worked with VPN enabled today, closed it launched Squeak and now when I execute "osp := ExternalUnixOSProcess command: cmdLine" and instpect osp, it is undefined.
>
> When I execute "UnixProcess testRunCommand" I get the warning "process accessor module not available"

This is the error message that you will see if you run your image on a VM
that does not have the OSProcess plugin. You can confirm this by evaluating:

  OSProcess accessor canAccessSystem ==> true

> I don't have a complete test case defined of the exact repeatable steps but, I think the issue resolves itself
> when I reboot.
>
> Is there a way for me to get UnixProcess to wake up? I tried to initialize ??it, but that did not help.

Perhaps you are running your image on a different VM, or on a different operating
system? If you run it on a VM with the OSProcess plugin, I would expect it to return
to normal.

But I do not understand the part about the issue resolving itself when you reboot
the system. So I think maybe I am misunderstanding the problem.

Dave