[squeak-dev] Suggestion for 4.6 - Morphic Designer

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 11:11:59 UTC 2014

Hi Guys:
Now that 4.5 is near to be released I want to make a suggestion for 4.6.

I think that Squeak have a killer weapon a bit forgotten that should be
included in the image, it's Morphic Designer [1] from Hasso Platner
Institute [2].

I'm loading it fine from several version already [3] but I think that it
should be part of the image in 4.6, for example in menu Tools.

This would help to lower the barriers of Squeak to newbies (remember that
one of the more criticized aspects from all times is the lack of an UI
Builder).

And Morphic Designer really rocks and should not be forgot, I think that
need to be maintained as part of the official image.

What think the community?

[1]
https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki/designer
[2] https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects