[squeak-dev] Suggestion for 4.6 - Morphic Designer

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Feb 20 19:25:46 UTC 2014

On 20-02-2014, at 3:11 AM, Germán Arduino <garduino at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that Squeak have a killer weapon a bit forgotten that should be included in the image, it's Morphic Designer [1] from Hasso Platner Institute [2].

I’ve mentioned this before as a strong candidate for a standard tool - though again I’ll mention Chris Muller’s Maui stuff as an interesting alternative approach - and if someone does the work of simplifying it a little as Marcel mentions then I think it would be a very popular tool. Even if simplifying meant mostly removing stuff so all that was left was making layout data; that’s a surprising amount of hassles removed.

tim
In the long run, every program becomes rococco, and then rubble.