[squeak-dev] [ANN] The Path Tools Framework

Michael Perscheid michaelperscheid at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 22 17:19:44 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I’m pleased to announce the release of our Path Tools Framework that has been developed
during the last five years as part of my dissertation.

https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/trac/SqueakCommunityProjects/wiki/pathToolsFramework

The Path Tools Framework comprises several development tools for supporting typical software
maintenance tasks such as debugging, testing, and program comprehension. It realizes among
others our test-driven fault navigation (a systematic debugging approach that leads developers
from the observable failure back to root causes), test quality feedback (improve software quality
by analyzing test cases), and model-based source code editing (single source development
method that joins model-driven development and standard source code editing).

As there are several tools and use cases, we will provide more detailed information in following
announcements. Nevertheless, all tools are already available and can be tested. Furthermore,
there is also a bunch of documentation, screencasts, and published papers.

http://www.michaelperscheid.de/projects/index.html

Have fun :-)

Best regards,
Michael