[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Environments-cwp.41.mcz

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 23:00:17 UTC 2014

On 3 January 2014 21:50, Colin Putney <colin at wiresong.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> My image hasn't spontaneously combusted yet!
>

> Good!
>
> I think I got the sequence of configurations right. The latest
> TrunkImage.image is able to update all the way through to cwp.43.

Yes. One cautionary note is that from build 725 onwards the tests are
taking more than 20 minutes (on the Interpreter VM) to run and so the
process is getting killed. Annoyingly, that ends up with a _green
light_ for the build, which is obviously bonkers. I've split the
image-tests-on-Interpreter stuff completely, so SqueakTrunk runs on a
Cog (and only on a Cog), while SqueakTrunkOnInterpreter does the same
on an Interpreter VM. This'll take effect from build 730 on
SqueakTrunk.

> None of the issues raised here on the list affect the migration to the new
> environments implementation so I pushed it to trunk. Next I'll push tweaks.

Cool!

frank