[squeak-dev] Shrinking

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 16:40:09 UTC 2014

Don't forget there is no requirement to shrink an image along package
boundaries.  Did you try, for example, removing TestCase and all
subclasses?  That would cut across package boundaries but so what?

You can't unload Morphic but I'll bet you could dump a whole host of
Morph subclasses.  PaintBoxMorph, BouncingAtomsMorph, SoundRecorder,
WaveEditor, PianoKeyboard, ScorePlayer, Storyboard, EventRecorder,
Kedama and subclasses, etc., etc. etc.

I think "running with a modified system" is one of Smalltalk's
greatest and least appreciated strengths.