[squeak-dev] Re: Text Morph Embedding Broken

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Wed Jan 8 15:42:26 UTC 2014

Nicolas Cellier wrote
> For embedded morphs/forms created programmaticaly as you did, we have to
> decide something...

Just reifying and documenting may be enough. For Pharo, I'm proposing (1) an
update to the TextAnchor class comment and (2):
Morph>>#asText

	| anchor embedMorphSignal |
	anchor := TextAnchor new anchoredMorph: self.
	embedMorphSignal := (Character value: 1) asString. "required by the
scanner"
	^ Text string: embedMorphSignal attribute: anchor.

b.t.w. is "required by the scanner" accurate

-----
Cheers,
Sean