[squeak-dev] The Trunk: SUnitGUI-fbs.57.mcz

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Thu Jan 9 16:27:13 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Frank Shearar <frank.shearar at gmail.com>wrote:

Undoing these changes, I think I realise why I did it. Morphic depends
> on ToolBuilder-Morphic, and I tried to break that dependency by
> folding TB-M into Morphic. Once that was done, what's good for one
> framework should be good for the others. Only of course while Morphic
> shouldn't depend on TB-M, folding TB-M into Morphic means that Morphic
> still depends on TB, which it shouldn't. (Because using TB was
> supposed to be optional. It's TOOLBuilder, not GenericUIBuilder.
>
> So Morphic still depends on ToolBuilder-Morphic, because
> PluggableSystemWindowWithLabelButton subclasses PluggableSystemWindow,
> and because UserDialogBoxMorph uses PluggableButtonMorphPlus.

Ah, that makes sense.

So we need to figure out how to break that connection. Perhaps we'd get rid
of all the Plus morphs and fold that functionality into either Morphic
(PluggableFooMorph) or ToolBuilder (extensions to PluggableFooMorph)
depending on whether its generally useful.

Colin