[squeak-dev] The Trunk: System-cwp.660.mcz

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Sat Jan 11 21:26:16 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 12:05 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de>wrote:

> ... which is when you got the 0. Or are you asking why we need the
> sentinel? Because if aBlock keeps allocating objects, we would never reach
> the end.

According to the comment in #allObjectsDo: we need the sentinel because the
*execution* of aBlock will allocate an object - the activation context. So
regardless of what aBlock actually does, we need the sentinel to avoid an
infinite loop.

However, this bug causes the loop to skip over the sentinel. If the comment
is right, we should end up in an infinite loop. But we don't, we eventually
get 0. Why?

Colin