[squeak-dev] Loading Packages Using Monticello Browser? OSProcess

JohnReed Maffeo aldeveron at graffiti.net
Mon Jan 13 01:42:45 UTC 2014

In Squeak 4.4-12327, I have a Monticello Browser window open from which I have opened
as Repositiory: http://www.squeaksource.com/OSProcess window.
In the left hand panel there is a list of items in alpha order. I select OSProcess.
In the right hand panel there is a list of items in name/number order.
When I click on an item in the right hand panel, a message pops telling
me the it has been loaded, but I don't see any OSProcess when I open a Browser
and find class OSProcess.
When I mouse over the Load button in the Repository: header the baloon says
to load this version into the image. I click on the button and I get a
message that it has been loaded.

Now when I open a SystemBrowser, I see all of the OSProcess-foo categories listed.
Am I done? Or do I have do more? There is a ConfigurationOfOSProcess.

I went through this once about three weeks ago and just clicked on everything,
now I am having to rebuild an image because of a problem I am having trying
to get osp := ExternalUnixOSProcess new command: cmdLine to work. And I managed to
break ExternalUnixOSProcess when I tried to load CommandShell thinking that it
might be helpful to my effort to figure out my problem.

The string in cmdLine contains a string, which when printed out to Transcript
and copied over to a terminal session outside Squeak works like a charm. Once I
am sure that I have OSProcess loaded correctly, I will probably come back for
some advice about how to effectively debug comand line problems.

Thanks,

johnreed