[squeak-dev] Loading Packages Using Monticello Browser? OSProcess

JohnReed Maffeo aldeveron at graffiti.net
Mon Jan 13 03:09:48 UTC 2014

Thanks!
Testing has restarted in a new Squeak 4.4-12327 image. OSProcess has been loaded from Monticello.
The computer that it is running on is a Mac OS X 10.6.8.

The app changeset has been filed in and I have debugged my way down to ExternalUnixOSProcess folkChild which
looks like it is trying to launch the program "/bin/sh" with the arguments "-c ffmpeg -i mmsh://wm.bbc.co.uk/wms/radio4xcoyopa/radio_4_extra_-_tuesday_0200.wma -acodec libmp3lame -ab 128k /Volumes/MediaVault/BBC/2525:Episode3.3.6.mp3".

I think this may be what is passed off to be executed as "/bin/sh -c ffmpeg -i mmsh://wm.bbc.co.uk/wms/radio4xcoyopa/radio_4_extra_-_tuesday_0200.wma -acodec libmp3lame -ab 128k /Volumes/MediaVault/BBC/2525:Episode3.3.6.mp3". If so then that is my problem. If I paste that string into an external terminal session it runs and I get some output, but ffmpeg only writes to the console and exits back to the prompt. If I delete "/bin/sh -c", it run from the command line and produces the file I expect.

Play time is over for this week. When I come back, I will see what I can do to get around /bin/sh and see
if that helps.

Thanks again for your help.

johnreed