[squeak-dev] Timing out Trait tests

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jan 13 23:42:25 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 12:28:45AM +0100, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
> 2014/1/14 karl ramberg <karlramberg at gmail.com>
>
> > TraitsFileOutTest is failing
> >
> > Correct log attached this time
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Karl
> >
> > id:     #[0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0]
> means the file was closed...
>
> I observed increasing failure rate related to randomly closed change log
> the last few months (particularly when loading/merging with MC), it would
> be good to identify the root cause...

That sounds like exactly the problem that Frank was describing in another
thread. He was ending up with a corrupt changes file IIRC, and the problems
he described seemed to be related to primSize checks on a changes file that
had been closed (this would presumably be a process trying to append to the
changes file when some other process had closed the file stream).

Dave