[squeak-dev] OpenGL in external window?

Lawson English lenglish5 at cox.net
Wed Jan 15 14:24:47 UTC 2014

So I had hopes of drawing with OpenGL to the new external windows, but
they were dashed early on.

OpenGL requires a "handle" returned by OpenGL primCreateRenderer: flags
x: y:  w:  h:

which evokes      <primitive: 'primitiveCreateRendererFlags'
module:'B3DAcceleratorPlugin'>

Creating a version the B3DAcceleratorPlugin that can accept some kind of
reference to an external window is beyond me.

It would allow a kool demo video though.

Anyone care to take a stab at it?

Squeak from the very start (introduction to Squeak and Pharo Smalltalk for the (almost) complete and compleate beginner).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6601A198DF14788D&feature=view_all

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian Kernighan